This tutorial will help you put a Google Form in to your Joomla website. You will be able to send people to a page on your website where you can have them fill out the form. Once they have done this the results of the form are saved to a Google Spreadsheet that you can view.
You must have a Google account for this to work.
- Go to your Google account
- Go to Drive
- Create a new documents, a Form
- Give it and name place in a folder.
- Put in the various elements of this formt that you want, questions, multiple choices, check boxes, etc.
- Now Embed
- On the form, click on More Actions in the top right hand corner.
- Click on Embed
- A small text window opens with some code in it.
- Copy this code
- Open up your Joomla website as the administrator
- Create a new article
- Give it an appropriate name
- We need to copy this code in to the form,
- Click on the [show/hide] words at the top of the editor, just above the icons.
- Paste in this iFrame code
- What I do, because I want this form to be prominent, is to create a new menu item that links to this form and I put this menu item to the left of HOME.
- Click on Menus
- Click on Top Menu (This may differ for you)
- Click on New
- Choose Menu type of ‘Single Article’
- Give it a name
- Select the article this is to display, being the article we created previously
- Move this Menu in the list to be above Home.
Check the form on your website and adjust as needed.