This post will take you through the posting a PDF stored in Google Drive on to your Joomla website.
As of writing here is the URL of the final product. http://febcnz.org/news/skywaves.html
Step 1. PDF to Google Drive. Do you know where the the PDF you want to upload is? Is it in Documents, or some where else. you need to know this ahead of time.
- Let’s upload the PDF to your google drive.
- Login to your Google Drive.
- Go to the folder in My Drive that you want to upload the PDF to.
- Now in the top left hand corner, next to CREATE, click on the up arrow.
- The Drop Down gives you the options of choosing a file.
- Click on File… and navigate in the Open Dialog window to where the PDF is on your Computer.
- Once you have found your PDF, click on it, then click on Open. In Chrome open is at the bottom right hand.
- You may have a dialog box open that asks if you want to upload this file or if you want to convert it, just upload. We do not want to convert.
- Then you should get the following progress bar.
Step 2. Make the PDF public to the world. If you do not do this, your PDF is in drive and you and only you will be able to see it on your Joomla Website.
- After the upload you should see your PDF in the list of the current directory.
- Right click the PDF, A menu will open, click on Share… this opens a sub menu, click on this second Share…
Currently this document is set to Private.
Click on the Change option next to where it says Private.
- This opens up the various options that are available to you and how this document can be shared.